Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel Starving Problem

skslave - any luck with this problem? I've been having similar issues with my truck. Would love to hear if you've made progress.
    "Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash." George S. Patton

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

After reading all 3 pages I am still wondering if you have checked all your rubber fuel lines? they may have a crack that opens a bit and lets the pump suck air. It may or may not leak fuel out but should be damp. It coukd also be a crack or rubbed spot on the steel or nylon line. When you work on the truck it can shift position and seal for a bit.
    73 1210 4x4 Travelette 5 spd. 392
    300 utility tractor
    64 Scout 80-152/ weber 32/36
    80 PARTS for 2 scouts
    73 Scout2, 304.4 spd. runs almost rust free!
    Member, Sonora Desert Scouts

Jim, try checking for an air getting into the line and causing the injection pump losing pressure. Or you can try running an inline secondary fuel pump

I have a an SD-33T and have just posted a thread concerning engine hesitation, loss of power, and abnormal black exhaust at high altitude in the Rocky mountains. (9,000+ feet) I had the fuel injectors pop tested and they spray fine and the fuel and air filters have been replaced too. Do you have any insight into this? Do you think I should take this fine wire mesh out and clean it? Is it easy for a less-than-amateur mechanic like me to do?