Thread: New to me 1700 loadstar

Default New to me 1700 loadstar

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello.

Now I just Bought a 1977 1700 loadstar with a 446. I believe. It is a tandem with a air tag axle. Have couple questions. What is the GVWR. For this truck. Can't find a tag anywhere to tell me. Also where do I get parts for the compressor it is leaking a little oil into the air. I hope that can be fixed. TTY hanks everyone. I'm glad to be a part of this community
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any good truck parts shop SHOULD be able to match the compressor - get the numbers off it, and should be good. They're pretty rebuildable, but a reman is cheaper most of the time, if it needs to be bored. As far as GVW, if it doesn't have a door tag, they were generally 8K on the front and 34K on the tandems, but being a tag, it's probably aftermarket - not sure what your rear driver is rated at, generally they were 20K on the heavy ones.......

Default air compressor

Did you have any luck with your compressor? I have a 1982 I just bought and It is slow to build air. Compressor has oil all over the outside of it. I am going to in the same boat needing a rebuilt one soon.
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Hardknocks View Post
    Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello.

Now I just Bought a 1977 1700 loadstar with a 446. I believe. It is a tandem with a air tag axle. Have couple questions. What is the GVWR. For this truck. Can't find a tag anywhere to tell me. Also where do I get parts for the compressor it is leaking a little oil into the air. I hope that can be fixed. TTY hanks everyone. I'm glad to be a part of this community