PDA

View Full Version : N/A Diesel SD33

JunkyardScout
09-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I bought this scout as a project and it didn't have a battery with it. It's obviously been tinkered with because there are errant wires just kind of layed out through the engine compartment and under the dash. My question is do I need 2 batteries run in a series to get this diesel to turn over? I hooked one battery up and it just doesn't have enough juice to crank it over and go. I've bled the fuel lines all the way through the injector and pumped the hell out of it and I'm sure it's getting fuel just not cranking hard enough for the compression to fire.

rhollyfie
09-06-2011, 04:20 AM
one battery is enough ... ive got same engine. are you sure the batt. is good?

JunkyardScout
09-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah the batt is good. Not brand new but I was hoping I could get it to start. It sat for a very long time. Any tips on cleaning the injector block or the lines to make sure the fuel is getting from there to the motor? Diesel isn't my specialty but I had to buy this scout when I saw it.

rhollyfie
09-14-2011, 08:02 AM
can crack an injector line at pump and should have diesel cming out when you turn it over. .. i had one sit for about the same amount of time... i set up a temp. tank to eliminate bad fuel issues. if its not making it out of pump -- youve got pump prob.