PDA

View Full Version : 76 IH Loadstar 1600 4x4 need help

mafabco
02-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi, I struck a deal today for a 1975 IH Loadstar 1600 4x4. It has a 345 cid v8, 4 speed trans. It is a cube body with a hood and fenders sticking out the front. It kind of looks like a giant ambulance body. It has compartments all around the outside ans storage compartments inside. It is about 6 feet + on the inside, with double doors on the back and one door on each side of the drivers compartment. Only one seat in front, with a couple jump seats on the sides in the back area.
Can anyone tell me what this is and if its worth anything? I was told it was at one time a rescue truck in New York. It it red and says emergency across the front above the windshield. Any info out there??

Ok took some pics of it tonight. The body was made by Boyertown Auto Body Works, Inc. Build date is 1-76. There are no lock out hubs. It has a 2 speed transfer case.

Thanks,
Jason

old loadstar
02-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Great looking and neat truck. I cant say as I have seen very many of these if ever. What all do you need to know on it? I will be happy to try and help if I can. I have an old 64 loadstar my self.I have a book for mine and maybe some thing in it will match your truck if I can help, ghost
I forgot, email me if you like; sideroadghost@gmail.com

Allan E.
02-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi, I struck a deal today for a 1975 IH Loadstar 1600 4x4. It has a 345 cid v8, 4 speed trans. It is a cube body with a hood and fenders sticking out the front. It kind of looks like a giant ambulance body. It has compartments all around the outside ans storage compartments inside. It is about 6 feet + on the inside, with double doors on the back and one door on each side of the drivers compartment. Only one seat in front, with a couple jump seats on the sides in the back area.
Can anyone tell me what this is and if its worth anything? I was told it was at one time a rescue truck in New York. It it red and says emergency across the front above the windshield. Any info out there??

Ok took some pics of it tonight. The body was made by Boyertown Auto Body Works, Inc. Build date is 1-76. There are no lock out hubs. It has a 2 speed transfer case.

Thanks,
Jason

I don't know what it's worth, but I've always wanted one just like it. There is likely to be like minded folks closer to you than WA, though. I envy you for finding it.